As United try to retain position in the top-four, and Chelsea struggle to gain access to the top-four, here are some insights and the lineup for the match.
- Chelsea were beaten 2-0 at Stamford Bridge by Manchester United last season in the Premier League – they haven’t lost consecutive home games against the Red Devils since October 1995.
- In all competitions, Manchester United have won their last three away games against Chelsea, winning in the FA Cup in February
- 2019, League Cup in October 2019 and Premier League in February 2020. They have never won four in a row away against Chelsea.
- Chelsea haven’t lost four consecutive home games in all competitions against an opponent since a run of four against Watford between 1981 and 1986.
- Chelsea have failed to score in three consecutive Premier League games against Man Utd, attempting 41 shots without success across these games. The last time they failed to score in four consecutive top-flight matches against an opponent was in April 1960 against Bolton Wanderers.
- Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in each of their three Premier League home games under manager Thomas Tuchel, with the Blues last keeping four in a row in January 2018. The only manager to not concede a single goal in their first four home Premier League games in charge is Brendan Rodgers in October 2011.
Tuchel makes three changes to Chelsea from their 1-0 away win over Atletico midweek. Chilwell, Kante, and Ziyech start.
There are five changes to Man United from their 0-0 draw with Real Sociedad in the Europa League. Rashford leads the line up front for the Red Devils.